BSAC’s Dive Planning and Management shows how meticulous planning and good management help make diving trips successful and enjoyable.
Aimed at potential Dive Leaders and Advanced Divers, this two-day course introduces and extends existing knowledge and practical skills in all aspects of the process of planning and managing dives.
This course is open to BSAC Sports Divers (or acceptable alternative) with a minimum of 20 dives.
The course involves lots of practice under the guidance of experienced instructors and gives you the confidence to plan and manage dives, and to manage a real dive yourself. This is a fun course with group sessions and a day’s diving. You will also get three Dive Leader lessons signed off with this course: DT8, 12 and DP1.
The course has a mix of classroom-based and practical lessons, teaching you:
- The importance of dive planning and management
- The correct procedures to follow and aspects to consider
- How to plan and manage dives
- How to use these skills to benefit your club and yourself
This course will:
- Enable you to be an Assistant Dive Manager
- Enable you to help plan and organise dives in conjunction with a Dive Leader or higher qualification
- Contribute towards the Dive Leader qualification (DT8, 12 and DP1)
- Help you make a practical contribution towards your club’s diving and your personal development
You could do this course at a regional event or local club. Not all clubs run Dive Planning and Management courses, so please check if you are interested.
Alternatively, book your place on a scheduled Dive Planning and Management course online now.
Not a BSAC member? You can do this course by joining BSAC directly or joining via a local club. Find a club.
Students will be given a pack of supporting learning materials. You will need full open-water dive kit suitable for local conditions. Also recommended (and available from the BSAC shop) is a Dive Management Boat Slate along with other materials.
Your next steps – developing your skills further
After this course you could further your training: