BSAC Instructor training is carefully structured to provide all the necessary training for students to be successful in their exams.
Careful revision of the training materials for the Instructor Foundation Course (IFC), Open Water Instructor Course (OWIC) or the Advanced Instructor Course (AIC) should provide all the relevant guidance for exam success. However, the information in the documents/links below will help to reinforce the messages learned from the teaching and materials.
The three key elements for delivering successful lessons are:
- Having thorough diving theory knowledge (to underpin teaching)
- Good personal skills
- Planning and preparation
The guidance and examples below will help advise all prospective instructors of what is involved in effective planning and preparation for any lesson. Effective planning and preparation will ensure you the best chance for success in the exams.
- Online videos - Open Water Instructor (OWI) demo lessons
These videos are demonstration lessons for the Open Water Instructor course candidates. They are supplementary learning to your course material.
- OWI Instructor exam pass rates
- REAP guidance
- Advice for students with reading/learning difficulties
- BSAC PDP Blank
Classroom lesson planning
- Theory lesson planning sheet (classroom) - pdf download
- Theory lesson checklist - pdf download
- TIE planning and preparation guidance