Fancy learning to scuba dive? Maybe you've been inspired by BBC's Blue Planet II series? Great - you're in the perfect place to start scuba diving lessons. Find out how to and get scuba certified with BSAC.
When you learn to scuba dive, you open up a whole new bundle of experiences. From growing in confidence in your abilities to joining a family of scuba divers, there’s a lot to love, and learn!
Learn to scuba dive in 5 simple steps
- Find your local BSAC club - how can I find scuba diving courses near me? Your first step is to use our 'find it tool' to locate your local BSAC clubs - click to find your local scuba club.
- Choose the best club for you - we suggest you contact a few of your local clubs to see which is the best fit for you.
- A volunteer from your local club will be in touch - club/s you have contacted can sometimes take a little while to get back to you. If you’ve been waiting for a while contact BSAC support on 0151 350 6226 (Mon - Fri, 9 - 5:30) or email email@example.com.
- Learn to scuba dive for the first time - your local club will arrange a Try Dive with you, a no strings have-a-go session in a swimming pool with a qualified instructor so you can experience scuba diving for the first time. To learn to scuba dive, you just need to wear a baggy t-shirt, shorts and swimwear. No previous experience is necessary and it’s great fun!
- Ready to learn to scuba dive? - hopefully, after your Try Dive you'll be ready to learn how to dive. Your local club will get you started and talk to you about joining them and beginning your scuba diving qualification, the BSAC Ocean Diver course.
Need help finding your local club?
If you’re still not sure how to go about kick starting scuba diving lessons for beginners, we’re happy to help.
Call us 0151 350 6226 (Mon - Fri, 9 - 5:30) or send your postcode to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.
Need to learn to scuba dive quickly? Fast track your training by learning to dive with a BSAC Centre, find your local BSAC Centre here.