We believe the BSAC Ocean Diver course is one of the most thorough entry-level diver training courses out there. We'll teach you to scuba dive and become a safe, confident and self-reliant diver.
Why learn to dive with BSAC on the Ocean Diver course...
- Easy steps to achieve your dive qualification – sure, safe progress built upon step by step
- Quality time - learn from some amazing instructors to ensure you learn most effectively
- BSAC’s Ocean Diver course teaches you to dive safely and learn new safety and rescue skills for life
- Training for basic Nitrox - using the latest techniques
But in all honesty, we don’t think the quality of the course or teaching is the best part about learning to dive with BSAC. The best bit is being part of a club, and this is really what makes BSAC different.
We believe scuba divers get much more out of the sport as part of a club. Club life is not just about having access to great scuba training, it’s about being part of a social group of divers and enjoying diving together.
Start your scuba journey today with eLearning
- Sign up for eLearning today - get started on your training with our online platform.
- Work your way through your theory modules online - work at your own pace with instructors on hand to help.
- Hook up with a BSAC club or training centre to complete your practical training and become a fully qualified Ocean Diver.
If you learn to dive with a BSAC club, as well as quality training, you also get...
- Mix with adventurous people and go diving with friends
- Diving opportunities all year round – in the UK and overseas, you've seen it on Blue Planet, now enjoy it yourself
- Advance your skills and follow your real interests underwater - photography, biology, archaeology, the next Blue Planet producer?
- Access to regionally and nationally organised training events - experience amazing diving opportunities right here in the UK
- Access to club equipment such as compressors, RIBs and dive gear - belong to the largest dive club in the world; belong to BSAC
Book a Try Dive taster session to give it a go first
- Find your local BSAC club - Use our 'Find a Club tool' to contact a local BSAC club.
- Arrange a no-strings Try Dive taster session - A volunteer from your chosen club will be in touch. They'll arrange a club visit (if pandemic restrictions permit) and a 'no strings have-a-go' Try Dive session with you.
- Learn to scuba dive - Start your entry-level scuba diving training with the BSAC Ocean Diver course, with your chosen club.
I'm interested in learning to dive, how do I get started?
Sign up to learn to dive with a BSAC Training Centre (to learn in around five days) or find a local club (to learn over a period of weeks/months). If you train with a centre, you can always join a club later.
Need help? Call us on 0151 350 6201 (Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:00) or email for a chat!