We believe the BSAC Ocean Diver course is one of the most thorough entry-level training courses out there to teach people to learn to dive. It is the beginning of your journey to become a safe, confident and self-reliant diver.
Here’s how BSAC’s learn to dive course, Ocean Diver, is a little different:
- Training progresses at your pace – each new experience built upon step by step
- Quality time (in person) is spent with highly trained instructors to ensure you learn most effectively
- BSAC’s Ocean Diver course introduces students to the all-important safety and rescue skills – including training for basic Nitrox. (All will be explained in your course).
But in all honesty, we don’t think the quality of the course or teaching is the best part about learning to dive with BSAC. The best bit is being part of a club, and this is really what makes BSAC different.
We believe scuba divers get much more out of the sport as part of a club. Club life is not just about having access to great scuba training, it’s about being part of a social group of divers and enjoying diving together.
If you learn to dive with a BSAC club, as well as quality training, you also get:
- To make a bunch of new diving friends.
- Diving opportunities all year round – in the UK and overseas.
- Progress through further skills and qualifications at your own pace.
- Access to regionally and nationally organised training events.
- Access to club equipment such as compressors, RIBs and dive gear.