It is important that BSAC Technical courses are developed in conjunction with international standards, known best practices and using information from equipment manufacturers. To ensure this happens at the highest standard, draft courses are to be widely circulated within Technical Group before they are published.
The process for development of a new course is as follows:
- Gain agreement from BSAC Technical Group Lead that a course can be developed
- Draft a course syllabus that is circulated until agreement is achieved
- Draft Visual Aids, Instructor Manual and Student Manual. Circulate for comment until agreement is achieved
- Final materials sent to HQ for publication and release
Pilot courses may only be conducted with the prior approval of the BSAC Technical Chief Examiner. Written feedback is to be produced and circulated to Technical Group.
BSAC Technical Standards
- BSAC Technical Events
- BSAC Technical Instructor
- Annex A – BSAC Technical Instructor experience prerequisites
- Annex B – Technical Instructor flow chart
- BSAC Technical Instructor Trainer
- Annex C – BSAC Tech IT experience prerequisites
- Annex D – Technical Instructor Trainer flow chart
- BSAC Technical Course Development