BSAC takes its safeguarding duty very seriously regarding the safety and well-being of children participating in the activities of snorkelling and diving.
We have worked with leading organisations such as the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), who helped us prepare this document, and with the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Download 'Buddyguard - BSAC Safeguarding policy
Below is the addtional list of the Section 4 Appendixes for you to download:
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 The BSAC Whistle Blowing Policy
- 4.3 The BSAC Anti-Bullying Policy
- 4.4 Guidelines on Staffing Supervision Ratios for Children Young Peoples
- 4.5 Missing Child guidance
- 4.6 Changing Facility guidance
- 4.7 Transport Policy and trips away guidance
- 4.8 Good Practice Guidance on photography and video
- 4.9 Photography consent form
- 4.10 Late collection of children guidance
- 4.11 Guidance on mobile phones and social networking sites
- 4.12 BSAC Club Safeguarding Policy statement
- 4.13 The BSAC Child Safeguarding referral form
- 4.14 Information sheet for a club
- 4.15 BSAC Equality and diversity Policy
We hope our policy will help implement good practice. It complies with current legislation. Following the guidance should not be onerous and much of what has been included in the policy should be a common-sense approach.
If you have any queries regarding safeguarding issues, contact Mary Tetley directly on 0151 350 6220 or Email
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
The Buddyguard policy can apply to these countries, however there is different legislation. Visit the NSPCC website for legislation advice and DBS information.
We realise there will be some questions you may have which are not yet listed on the FAQs page.
If your questions are not listed please Email and they will be added to the list if suitable.