BSAC takes its safeguarding duty very seriously regarding the safety and well-being of children participating in the activities of snorkelling and diving.
We have worked with leading organisations such as the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), who helped us prepare this document, and with the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Download 'Buddyguard - BSAC Safeguarding policy
Download the Safeguarding self-declaration form to be completed by members
Below is the additional list of the Section 4 appendices for you to download:
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 BSAC Whistleblowing policy
- 4.3 BSAC Anti-bullying policy
- 4.4 Guidelines on staffing supervision ratios for children and young people
- 4.5 Missing child guidance
- 4.6 Changing facility guidance
- 4.7 Transport policy and trips away guidance
- 4.8 Good practice guidance on photography and video
- 4.9 Photography consent form
- 4.10 Late collection of children guidance
- 4.11 Guidance on mobile phones and social networking sites
- 4.12 BSAC Club Safeguarding policy statement
- 4.13 BSAC Child Safeguarding referral form
- 4.14 Information sheet for a club
- 4.15 BSAC Equality, diversity and inclusion policy
We hope our policy will help implement good practice. It complies with current legislation. Following the guidance should not be onerous and much of what has been included in the policy should be a common-sense approach.
If you have any queries regarding safeguarding issues, contact Mary Tetley directly on 0151 350 6220 or Email
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
The Buddyguard policy can apply to these countries, however, there is different legislation. Visit the NSPCC website for legislation advice and DBS information.
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
We realise there will be some questions you may have which are not yet listed on the FAQs page.
If your questions are not listed please email and they will be added to the list if suitable.