Start a BSAC scuba diving or snorkelling club today and receive a wealth of support so your new club can thrive.
Almost every week new BSAC clubs are formed by groups of divers getting together or by existing clubs switching to BSAC.
Start a scuba diving or snorkelling club
- Divers of any agency can do this (no need to crossover or retrain with BSAC)
- Immediately gain from BSAC benefits such as comprehensive liability insurance and diver savings on kit, equipment and travel
- It's free to start a club
- Unlimited access to marketing and other club support
- Benefit first-hand from the latest safety recommendations
- Clubs can simply go diving or, if they wish, they can teach the internationally-recognised BSAC training courses
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing BSAC is there to advise and support you on every aspect of running a club
If you're an existing scuba diving or snorkelling club and would like to understand more about the benefits of becoming a BSAC club, please get in touch. Call us today on 0151 350 6201, we'll be happy to chat it through and see how we can help. Alternatively please email us.
What's it like to set up a new club?
Dave Howson of recently formed North Wales Technical Divers (NWTD) said:
NWTD initially pursued an unaffiliated club route as we weren't BSAC trained. However, as it turned out BSAC was the perfect option - the support from head office has been great, we've grown to 66 members and we've saved a small fortune on insurance.
Did you know, already qualified divers…
✔ Do not need to crossover to BSAC, we recognise all other agency qualifications
✔ You can just be a club that goes diving, you don't need to offer training
✔ As members, you'll be covered with BSAC’s fantastic liability insurance (PADI, SAA, TDI, IANTD, Raid etc)
✔ You can set up a BSAC club for free
Ready to get going? Starting a BSAC club is easy...
- Complete the new BSAC club application form and adapt a set of Bye-Laws for your club (you can download our BSAC club bye-laws template), then email them to the membership department.
- Have at least eight full members. (There is no charge per club).
- Have members willing to serve as officers (Chair, Membership Secretary, Treasurer and Diving Officer) on the club committee.
Please call 0151 350 6201 or email us if you have questions or need to chat anything through.
What happens next?
Once we have processed your application we will send you a club formation pack full of support and resources to get you started. Check out some of the support available for your new club.
What's it like to switch your club to BSAC?
Set up back in 1964, Carlisle SAC was affiliated to ScotSAC but felt they needed to widen their support for members’ diving and training, as well as grow as a club. Attracted by the range of courses on offer, the club made the decision to move over to BSAC in mid-2017. Club Chairman Jim Cookson said the change-over has gone well:
The support we’ve had from the BSAC team has been excellent. All our instructors have attended cross over training courses and have got to grips with the slightly different way of training.
BSAC is recognised worldwide and the option of doing training in a club environment as well as attending a specific course held anywhere in the UK helps members achieve their diving goals. We now have around 40 members with a steady stream of enquiries from potential new members. I think it has definitely been the right move for us as a club.