A Regional coach or regional team member may be called upon to undertake a number of different activites. The following documents provide guidance on some of these tasks.
The regional teams support their region in the following ways:
- Guidance on arranging and conducting Coaching Visits
- Support following a diving incident or accident
- Guidance on managing conflict arising in branches
- Hosting workshops and seminars
- Methods of communication
- Guidance on using boats on BSAC courses and events
In order to perform the function effectively, members of the regional team should be familiar with BSAC policies, philosophies, rules and recommendations on a wide range of subjects. The answers to the majority of questions and problems faced during visits and events, can usually be found somewhere in a BSAC publication.
All regional and ITS instruction should reflect the advice given in the relevant instructor manual and BSAC manual. Advice given during visits is likely to come first from the Branch Officers' Handbook or from other BSAC brochures and policy documents.
There are innumerable books and documents available, the main ones are listed here: