Is your club ready to enter the Heinke Trophy?
Great! Check out this quick guide to enter your clubs submission.
Step-by-step guide to entering the Heinke Trophy
- The Heinke Trophy Award is presented in any given year will consider a club’s achievements in the previous calendar year. For the 2018 award, this means your final entry must cover your club’s achievements from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
- Clubs wishing to submit an entry for the 2018 Heinke Trophy Award should inform BSAC HQ of their intention to do so by 28th February 2018 using the online application form.
- The final entry should be submitted by midnight on 31 May 2018. Your final report needs to cover your club’s progress and achievements during 2017 and your entry can be submitted as either a hard copy or a digital/electronic version (eg. PDF, CD, online, USB, via Dropbox or filesharing etc).
• Digital entries should be sent to email@example.com
• Hard copy entries should be posted to: Heinke Trophy Award (c/o Alex Rennie), BSAC, Telford’s Quay, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 4FL.
• If you have any specific queries with regard to the format of your entry or how to submit it, please email us.
- Adjudication of all entries begins on 1 June 2018 and the winning club will be informed by September 2018. The adjudicators do not disclose details or discuss their assessment of entries. BSAC may use and publicise items from entries that may be of interest and benefit to members.
- Our winners will be presented with the Heinke Trophy at the BSAC Diving Conference in October 2018. As a permanent memento, the club will also receive a miniature plaque bearing the club’s name and the year in which the trophy was won. When it can be arranged, these will be presented by the Chief Adjudicator at a suitable club social event.
- The Heinke Adjudicators may also award Certificates of Commendation to other branches whose entries show a sufficiently high standard of achievement.
- Winning entries will be held in the BSAC HQ library as a permanent record of the branch’s achievement. If the branch wishes to have the original documents, photographs, exhibits etc returned to them, this should be clearly stated when the entry is submitted. For branches that are thinking of entering for the Heinke Trophy, past winning entries can also be viewed during normal office hours by prior arrangement.
Winning has made a vast difference to the club profile. The whole club is extremely proud of what it had achieved and winning has been the catalyst to our positive yes we can attitude.
Mick Barraclough, Chairman, Bradford SAC – 2014 Heinke winners