Step-by-step guide to entering the Heinke Trophy
- The Heinke Trophy is presented in any given year and will consider a club’s achievements in the previous calendar year. This means that for the 2022 award, your final entry must cover your club’s achievements from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
- Clubs wishing to submit an entry for the 2022 Heinke Trophy should inform BSAC HQ of their intention to do so by 30 June 2022 using the online application form.
- The final entry should be submitted by midnight on 30 September 2022. Your final report needs to cover your club’s progress and achievements during 2021 and your entry can be submitted as either a hard copy or a digital/electronic version (eg. PDF, CD, online, USB, via Dropbox or filesharing etc).
• Digital entries should be sent to email@example.com
• Hard copy entries should be posted to: Heinke Trophy Award (c/o Mary Tetley), BSAC, Telford’s Quay, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 4FL.
• If you have any specific queries with regard to the format of your entry or how to submit it, please email us.
- Adjudication of all entries begins on 1 October 2022 and the winning club will be informed by end of November/early December. The adjudicators do not disclose details or discuss their assessment of entries. BSAC may use and publicise items from entries that may be of interest and benefit to members.
- As a permanent memento, the club will receive a miniature plaque bearing the club’s name and the year in which the trophy was won. When it can be arranged, these will be presented by the Chief Adjudicator at a suitable club social event.
- The Heinke adjudicators may also award Certificates of Commendation to other branches whose entries show a sufficiently high standard of achievement.
- Winning entries will be posted online and held in the BSAC HQ library as a permanent record of the branch’s achievement. If the branch wishes to have the original documents, photographs, exhibits etc returned to them, this should be clearly stated when the entry is submitted. For branches that are thinking of entering for the Heinke Trophy, past winning entries can be viewed online.
To be etched into BSAC history and presented with the trophy was a great honour, the award has given our members confidence and drive to push the club further.
Martin Holloway, Chester Sub Aqua Club – 2019 Heinke winners