Special interest webinars are online talks which can be on any topic beyond the BSAC training curriculum. Be it a expert wreck or marine conservation knowledge, an expedition project or just something you want to share with the rest of the diving community - we'd love to hear about it!
Special interest webinars are a great way to interact with the scuba diving and snorkelling community as well as feed you passion for diving while we are indefinitely topside. If you have a topic that you would like to discuss or share with fellow enthusiasts, creating a special interest webinar may be the perfect way to fill some of the time you now find yourself with.
Hopefully, this page will give you some insight as to how to go about setting up a webinar, but if you need any further assistance or have some advice to add to this page, please get in touch.
What software will I need to deliver a special interest webinar?
There are a variety of online tools available that will allow a presenter to deliver PowerPoint and similar presentation methods. Some platforms are available integrated into operating systems or as standalone web platforms or separate software. If you do not have access to any of these platforms please let us know so we can assist.
Some examples to try:
Note: there are a number of free versions of software available, although they usually have limits on the number of participants and may have limited functionality so we recommend doing some homework to ensure it meets your needs.
Top tips for special interest webinars
- Don't make the webinar too long - 60 mins should really be your limit
- Make your presentation engaging and include lots of pics and videos where possible
- Be familiar with the delivery platform you are using and practice before presenting to a real (virtual) audience
- Consider screen/voice recording the presentation to be filed on our past webinars page for people to watch again
How to get your special interest talk listed with BSAC
Please get in touch with the following information if you'd like us to list and promote your webinar.
- Your name and any relevant scuba diving or otherwise qualifications or positions
- The title of your webinar
- A short summary or blurb
- An image
- A sign-up or tune-in link