Volunteers are needed to support the National Diving Committee (NDC) in helping drive forward the Diver Training Programme (DTP) revisions
BSAC is looking for volunteers to assist with the development of our Diver Training Programme (DTP). A great deal of work has already been put in and the team are now looking for volunteers to work on specific modules.
Working with a team of enthusiastic BSAC divers from all over the UK, this is an ideal opportunity for Advanced Instructors and Instructor Trainers to help share ideas, develop your course writing skills and help to shape the new DTP for the next generation of divers.
Please consult the specifications below and use the email address at the bottom of the page if you're interested in applying.
Dive Management Team
Team members are also wanted to develop the Dive Management structure throughout the new Diver Training Programme. The new framework has been outlined and needs structuring into deliverable modules, based around new outline templates. Student and instructor notes need writing, ratifying and proofing.
This is an ideal opportunity to help craft how BSAC practically teaches Dive Management throughout the DTP, share ideas and develop your own course writing skills.
Work with the team to create Dive Management modules suitable for each BSAC diver grade based on agreed framework: evolve existing outline course structure and contents; help develop ideas for new training materials.
- Identify resources required for course support materials
- Work with each Group Lead to ensure content flows through the grades seamlessly
- Collaborate with other Content Developers to ensure consistency of style and terminology, and efficient re-use of content, across training documentation and marketing materials
- Engage with members to pilot the modules and adapt course drafts following feedback process
- Work with the rest of the team to handle incoming queries and troubleshoot issues as requested
- Post roll-out support via webinars.
- BSAC Instructor Trainer and above for course development and piloting
- BSAC Advanced Instructor and above for feedback
- Enthusiasm, commitment and time to work on the DTP project over the next eight months
- Ability to work in sprints to deadline
- Excellent practical Dive Management Skills
- Strong level of diving knowledge ideally at BSAC Instructor Trainer Level for course development and BSAC Advanced Instructor level for course content
- Solid knowledge of MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator experience is a bonus
- Strong collaboration skills, with proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Exceptional writing skills, and the ability to distill complex topics and procedures into simple and understandable language
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity and drive.