Help us shape the future of BSAC and grow scuba diving and snorkelling
The current Audit Committee was established in the early 2000s. It has performed its duties admirably however in the spirit of continuous improvement we are looking to refresh and review its Terms of Reference and ways of working.
After many years of excellent service, the current Chair of the Audit Committee has stepped down from that role. This has provided a natural opportunity for reflection and improvement.
Council has decided that the scope of the Audit Committee should be expanded into an Audit and Risk Committee (ARAC). We are therefore looking for a new Chair of the ARAC who can build on the good foundations already in place.
Who we're looking for
Relevant skills and experience
You will be a CCAB qualified accountant or equivalent. Previous experience of serving on, or working with, an Audit Committee would be desirable but is not essential. You do not need to be a diver or member of BSAC.
As chair, you will provide overall strategic leadership to the Audit Committee. Working jointly with the Hon Treasurer, you will lead a review of the Audit Committee’s Terms Of Reference which will include:
- Reviewing existing processes, such as the role of the Audit Committee in the Accounts production process.
- How we should expand the scope of the Audit Committee into an Audit and Risk Committee
- How and whether the Audit Committee should advise on strategic and delivery risks, particularly around implementation of the new strategy.
Diversity and Inclusivity
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups.
- Attending Audit Committee meetings
- The Chair of the Audit Committee is ratified annually, but the expectation is that your appointment will last for three years.
- While the role is voluntary and unpaid, we do pay expenses and provide a full induction to the organisation’s work.
How to apply
If this appeals to you (and we hope it does!), you are strongly encouraged to have an informal conversation with Janos Suto, Hon. Treasurer to discuss the role further.
Please contact Mary Tetley at MaryT@BSAC.com who will be able to provide contact details.