British Sub Aqua Club, a company limited by guarantee, gives notice that its 66th Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 16th May 2020 at midday (12pm).
AGM Location: The Jessop Suite, Holiday Inn, Centre Island, Waterways, Lower Mersey Street, Ellesmere Port, CH65 2AL.
The meeting will deal with the following business:
- The presentation of the minutes of the 65th Annual General Meeting and any Extraordinary General Meeting held since.
- The appointment of tellers for any poll or show of hands which may be required.
- The Chair’s report.
- The Honorary Treasurer’s report - presentation of annual reports and questions arising from them.
- The NDO’s Report.
- The Honorary Secretary’s report - Results of the election for the Officers and other members of the Council for the ensuing period.
- To re-appoint Gardner's Accountants Ltd. as the Company’s auditors to hold office from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting until the conclusion of the next general meeting of the Company at which the Company’s annual accounts and reports are laid before the meeting.
- To authorise the BSAC Council to set the remuneration of the auditors.
- Q&A opportunity for members to Council, National Diving Officer and HQ representatives.
- The consideration of the following Motions/Special Resolutions of which due notice has been given.
Proposed by BSAC Council
That the articles of association of the Company appearing on the Company’s Website on the Proposed Articles page and headed “BSAC Articles of association 2020” be adopted as the new articles of association of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing articles of association of the Company titled “BSAC Articles of Association 2017”.
British Sub-Aqua Club (company number 01417376), Telford's Quay, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 4FL
- Copies of BSAC’s current Articles of Association, along with the proposed, amended articles (as per Special Resolution from Council ) and an explanation of the changes from Council are available for download from the BSAC website or from BSAC HQ at Telfords Quay, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 4FL, telephone 0151 350 6200.
- A member qualified to vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy (who need not be a member) to attend and vote instead of them.
- All members will be emailed a pin number at the end of March to allow you to access the Electoral Reform Services (ERS) website where you will be able to cast your vote for candidates and complete a proxy form. A postal vote or proxy form can be requested by calling BSAC on 0151 350 6200.