The British Sub-Aqua Club, a company limited by guarantee, gives notice that its 66th annual general meeting will be held electronically on Saturday 25th July 2020 at 10:00.
Due to the on-going situation in respect of the Covid-19 pandemic, members are prevented from attending the meeting in person and are encouraged to vote by proxy prior to the meeting by 10:00 on 23rd July 2020 or to vote as an online participant at the meeting.
Please see your voting email or letter from Civica on how to pre-register any questions you may have for council. To see a list of questions and answers that have already been submitted, please click here.
The first BSAC virtual AGM has now reached capacity - 250 attendees are expected. Apologies if you haven't had a chance to register. The meeting will be recorded and released the following, as well as an update on the blog on Monday.
The meeting will deal with the following business:
- The presentation of the minutes of the 65th Annual General Meeting and any Extraordinary General Meeting held since.
- The appointment of tellers for any poll or show of hands which may be required.
- The Chair’s opening address.
- Presentation of annual report and questions arising from it.
- Results of the election for the Officers and other members of the Council for the ensuing period.
- To re-appoint Gardeners Accountants Ltd as the Company’s auditors to hold office from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting until the conclusion of the next general meeting of the Company at which the Company’s annual accounts and reports are laid before the meeting.
- To authorise the BSAC Council to set the remuneration of the auditors.
- Q&A opportunity for members to Council, National Diving Officer and HQ representatives.
- The consideration of the following Motions/Special Resolutions of which due notice has been given.
Proposed by BSAC Council
That the articles of association of the Company appearing on the Company’s Website on the Proposed Articles page and headed “BSAC Articles of association 2020” be adopted as the new articles of association of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing articles of association of the Company titled “BSAC Articles of Association 2017”.
British Sub-Aqua Club (company number 01417376), Telford's Quay, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 4FL
- Copies of BSAC’s current Articles of Association, along with the proposed, amended articles (as per Special Resolution from Council ) and an explanation of the changes from Council are available for download from the BSAC website.
- A member qualified to vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy (who need not be a member) to participate and vote instead of them.
- All members will be emailed a unique voting link at the beginning of June to allow you to access the Civica (formerly ERS) website where you will be able to cast your vote for candidates and complete a proxy form. This facility will also allow you to pre-register to participate in the online AGM.