This short video has been created for BSAC clubs, centres and members to share online to encourage more people to learn to dive with BSAC.
Sharing short videos on websites and social media can be a highly effective way to generate interest and enquiries to help grow our community. Watch the video and then read on underneath it to find out how you can use it to help grow your club or centre.
In a club or centre? Here’s what to do to use this video…
1. Embed the video in your website on your homepage or ‘learn to dive’ page
- Open the video on YouTube
- Click 'share' (below the video), and then 'embed'
- Copy the code YouTube provides
- Paste the embed code into the HTML of your website on the relevant page
- Change the width from "560" to "100%" in the code you just pasted
- Remember to make sure you include information on the page on how to get in touch if they want to learn to dive
- All done!
2. When the time is right, share this video on your Facebook page
- Open the video on our Facebook page
- Click Share below the video > More options > Share to a Page, and select your club's page
- Add information in the caption on how to get in touch with your club if they want to learn to dive
3. Share the short version of this video as an Instagram Reel
Reels are short videos on Instagram which are quickly becoming the best way to engage users on the platform. We’ve created a second version of this video, more suitable for Instagram.
Here's how to upload it:
- Download the Instagram version from Vimeo (to ensure the highest quality, make sure you download in HD!)
- Go onto Instagram and click the Reels button in the centre bottom of the navigation bar
- Click the camera on the top right-hand corner
- Add the video from your gallery with the blue (+) in the bottom left-hand corner
- Click add (you won't need to edit the video as we've already made it for you!)
- Preview > Next > Add a caption with information on how to get in touch if they want to learn to dive
- Tag us (@bsacdivers), and add your club's location if possible
- Click share!