BSAC is launching a new video competition which aims to get the diving community sharing and discussing the highlights of UK diving to inspire others to give it a try and discover it for themselves.
We’re inviting you to share a short UK diving or snorkelling videos – tagged #DiscoverUKdiving or #DiscoverUKsnorkelling – to be in with a chance of winning a Fourth Element Hydra Neoprene Drysuit worth £999 (or an alternative non-diving suit if a snorkeller wins). There are other prizes up for grabs too, with a Fourth Element duffel bag going to second place and a year’s BSAC membership for third.
The #DiscoverUKdiving video competition launches today (15 October) and aims to get the diving community talking about the highlights of UK diving and/or BSAC club life by sharing short videos to surprise and inspire others to discover it for themselves.
We’re looking for videos that show an exciting moment, unique insight or anything that exemplifies why diving in the UK is so much fun and can encourage others to take up UK diving. People will be invited to vote for the entries they find most inspiring on the competition gallery website.
BSAC CEO Mary Tetley said:
We want to show others who haven’t experienced UK diving why we love it so much, and we need your help! Use your phone, GoPro or pretty much anything to share a short video that encapsulates why you love diving in the UK. Ideally, showing off UK diving the BSAC way!
The competition will be open for entries until midnight on Monday 30 November.
The videos can be either be above water (e.g. a RIB ride out to a dive site), below water (e.g. exploring a wreck with your buddy) or a combination of both. Each video should be short (no longer than 15 seconds) and you can enter up to three videos. The winner will be the entry that receives the most votes. Voting will remain open for a further week and close on Monday 7 December.
How to enter
- To enter, simply upload a video to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with a short caption and the hashtag #DiscoverUKdiving or #DiscoverUKsnorkelling (this bit is crucial otherwise your entry won't count).
- If you're uploading to Facebook, you must post directly to the BSAC Facebook page timeline.
- If you're uploading to Twitter or Instagram, your account must be Public and not locked.
- Your entry will then be automatically collected and added to our competition gallery where the voting takes place.
- If you don't use social media you can still enter by heading to the competition page and following the instructions there.
- 1st place – Fourth Element Hydra Neoprene Drysuit worth £999.
- 2nd place – Fourth Element expedition duffel bag worth £100.
- 3rd place - One year’s BSAC membership.
The winners will be announced the week of 14 December, good luck!