If you didn't get a chance to attend this years conference or you were there and missed out on any of the main hall presentations* you can watch them on Facebook (if you don't have Facebook please watch them here).
BSAC Diving Conference 2017 'in a nutshell' video
BSAC Diving Conference 2017 award winners
BSAC is its volunteers and every year we aim to recognise the invaluable contribution our members make to the organisation.
We are delighted to announce the full list of this year’s BSAC award winners, as presented at the BSAC Diving Conference 2017, on Saturday 21 October at the Vox, NEC – our congratulations go to you all.
This year’s Diving Conference was a sell-out success, with over 800 delegates enjoying a packed day of inspiring talks, progress reports, training and break-out sessions and celebrating our 2017 award winners. The speaker line up also wowed – including members of the BBC Blue Planet II production team Rachel Butler and John Ruthven, who revealed their filming experiences as well as exclusive footage from the ground-breaking series.
There will be a full report and pictures from the BSAC Diving Conference 2017 in the December issue of SCUBA magazine (out from 17th November).
But in the meantime, here are our well-deserving 2017 winners:
COLINS & CHAMBERS OWI AWARD – for the most meritorious candidate on the Open Water Instructor course.
- Winner: David Wyman
ANALOX AI AWARD – for the most meritorious candidate on the Advanced Instructor course.
- Winner: Debbie McNeil
FIRST CLASS DIVER – awarded to the successful 2017 candidates.
- Mike Baker, Adrian Cadman, Neil Calver, Richard Croft, Dave Culver, Colin McCarthy, Paul Phillips, Gordon Procter, Linda Ritson, Paul Ritson
AP DIVING AWARD – awarded for the most admirable performance in the First Class Diver exam.
- Winner: Gordon Procter
NATIONAL INSTRUCTOR – awarded to the successful 2017 candidates.
- Tim Gort, Will Schwarz (pictured)
WEEZLE AWARD – awarded to the person who performs most meritoriously in the National Instructor exam.
- Winner: Will Schwarz
WILKINSON SWORD – awarded for the most admirable performance in a BSAC nationally assessed examination.
- Winner: Will Schwarz
BSAC SAFETY AWARD – presented in recognition of endeavouring to save a life without involving diving techniques.
- Winners: Mark Istance, Nick Lyon, Michael Mason
ALAN BROADHURST AWARD – awarded for the use of good diving lifesaving techniques.
- Winners: Ralph Cantrell, Georgina Davies-Capper, Martin Keane, James Kerr, Jenny Watkins, Robert Watkins, Phil Welch
HEINKE TROPHY 2017 – for the club judged to have done the most in furthering the interest of BSAC and its members.
- Winner: Bingham SAC (pictured right)
BSAC EXPEDITION TROPHY– presented to the organizer of the most significant British diving expedition of the year.
- Winner: Darwen SAC (pictured top)
PETER SMALL TROPHY – awarded annually to the BSAC club who has undertaken the most worthwhile underwater project of the year.
- Winner: ‘Project Highball’ led by Mark Paisey
COLIN MCLEOD AWARD – to the person/s who in the opinion of the BSA Jubilee Trust has contributed to international cooperation and harmony in diving and associated activities.
- Winner: Paul Rose – for the promotion of diving training, education, polar exploration and documentary filming in 2017
SCUBAPRO COUSTEAU AWARD – for the BSAC member who goes that extra mile in the promotion of the club’s aims and objectives.
- Winner: Adrian Collier
THANK YOU AWARDS – presented to those leaving positions at the time of the Conference.
- Awarded to: Malcolm Gaud (North Scotland Regional Coach), Rob Sewell (South Scotland Regional Coach), Sean Farhquarson (Ireland Regional Coach), Frank Lintott (Yorkshire Regional Coach), Adrian Collier (East Midlands Regional Coach)
Check out BSAC’s Facebook page for more photos and news from the BSAC Diving Conference and awards 2017.
*Please note we could not film the Blue Planet II and Reciever of wrecks presentations due to copyright.