BSAC’s First Class Diver Chief Examiner position is now open for applications, with thanks going to the outgoing examiner, Rob Sewell.
After five years of supporting the development of all individuals wishing to achieve BSAC’s highest diver grade, Rob Sewell will be stepping down as First Class Diver Chief Examiner at the forthcoming AGM on 14 May 2022. The National Diving Committee (NDC) vacancy is now open for applications by interested parties.
First Class Diver Chief Examiner is responsible to the Instructor Training Group (ITG) Lead and the National Diving Officer (NDO) for the conduct of First Class Diver training and assessment in accordance with BSAC training standards, programmes and procedures. The successful applicant will schedule the annual programme for First Class Diver (FCD) events, manage event staffing and staff development.
The role is also there to support and mentor Advanced Divers who express a desire to progress to FCD, BSAC’s highest diver grade.
Full role description
- Responsible to the Instructor Training Group (ITG) Lead and the National Diving Officer (NDO) for the conduct of FCD training and assessments in accordance with BSAC training standards, programmes and procedures, whilst working alongside the other members of ITG, DTG, NDC and the ITS Manager.
- Monitor and support those Advanced Divers who express a desire to progress to FCD by offering guidance, advice and provide a focal point for them throughout the process.
- Schedule an annual programme of events for FCD events (preps, practical and theory assessments).
- Manage FCD event staffing and staff development providing support to those instructors training and examining at this level.
- Oversee marking of expedition plans.
- Oversee setting of FCD theory exam questions.
- Monitor and review all FCD administration, examiner notes, student guidance, and ancillary support materials.
You will have the support of the Diving Resources Team at BSAC HQ to assist event management, material review and award administration.
Required experience and qualifications
It is necessary for the successful applicant to be a National Instructor and FCD Examiner, as well as having current experience operating expeditions around the UK.
While not essential, senior examiners for FCD and the Advanced Instructor Exam, as well as those currently working towards these roles, are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please email National Diving Officer, Dai Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 May 2022. If you would like an informal discussion with Dai or outgoing Chief Examiner, Rob Sewell, before applying, please contact Dai on email@example.com in the first instance.
Join the BSAC community
The BSAC network is working together to keep people connected to the sport. With online training, special interest webinars, competitions, support to clubs and the trade, and much more...we'd love you to join us.