In light of the continuing coronavirus situation, BSAC has taken the decision to postpone this year’s BSAC Council Election and subsequent AGM.
BSAC Chair Maria Harwood provides an update for members on the decision:
As you are aware, we are due to hold our AGM in May, along with the elections for Council members and Vice-Chair, but the COVID-19 crisis means that it would be against government guidance for us to hold the AGM in May.
BSAC Council has taken the decision to postpone the AGM and the associated elections until such time as it is safe to proceed. This is a highly unusual decision, and not one that we have taken lightly, but these are extraordinary times. We hope that you will agree that this is a practical and responsible decision.
I have asked the retiring Council members if they’d be willing to stay on until the re-scheduled AGM. Much as we are passionate about diving, it really isn’t the priority right now, and the priority is to ensure that our members and families stay safe and well over the coming period.
Best wishes to you all and your families.