Does your travel insurance cover all your holiday diving needs?
If your planned diving activity falls outside the standard remit, like diving deeper than 30m, you may need a more specialised policy.
BSAC membership benefits partner Bishop Skinner Marine has worked closely with insurers to design a holiday insurance to meet the needs of BSAC scuba divers. Cover is available for a single trip covering the duration of the journey, through to annual multi-trip covering unlimited number of trips within a year. The insurance provides wide levels of cover and takes into consideration qualifications and training.
Note for over 65s - Annual travel policies through Bishop Skinner Marine covers members up to age 65. For those Members between 65 and 70 it is possible to get a Single Trip policy. Bishop Skinner Marine are constantly working to get these age limits reviewed. However, at this time, for members 70 and over, it will be necessary to source dive travel insurance from an alternative supplier.
For BSAC members the dive travel insurance cover includes:
- Medical and repatriation expenses including the costs of hyperbaric treatment (up to £5 million).
- * New for 2018 * Search and RescueCosts up to £10,000 (incurred within the first 72 hours, when it isn’t provided free of charge).
- Cancellation and curtailment (up to £3,000).
- Loss of dive days through injury or illness (£20 per missed dive day, up to £200, excluding missed time under 48 hours).
- Hire of dive equipment (where equipment is delayed for more than 12 hours, up to £25 per day) so you are able to dive until your own equipment arrives.
- Journey continuation and delay (up to £500).
- Personal liability (up to £2 million).
- Legal expenses (up to £25,000).
- Personal accident (up to £25,000).
- Personal baggage and money (up to £2,500, £300 any one item).
- UK/Europe, Red Sea and Worldwide territorial limits available.
Additional cover for dive and camera equipment is available, where the above item limits are not suitable. We can extend this with our Dive Equipment policy to cover specified items up to £2,500.
Why Bishop Skinner Marine?
Bishop Skinner Marine has more than 40 years' experience in delivering expert advice and innovative insurance solutions for the marine sector.
BSAC members can now purchase, renew and view their diver travel insurance on the Bishop Skinner Marine website.
You can obtain a quote online, call FREE on 0800 783 8057 or email Bishop Skinner Marine.
BSAC is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Jelf Insurance Brokers Limited.
Bishop Skinner Marine is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX.