Qualification Card FAQs
1. Do I pay for the card if I have a Unique Reference Number on the application form?
You do not need to pay for qualification cards if you have a form from a training pack, the cost of the pack covers the card.
2. How long do cards take to be received?
We endeavour to get the cards out within seven days, however the full process from when we receive your complete application to when you receive the card can take up to 14 days.
3. What if I need my card urgently?
We will endeavour to get the cards out to you as quickly as possible. If you need your card urgently, please call +44 (0)151 350 6255 for Technical, Skill Development Course and Nitrox Qualification Cards or +44 (0)151 350 6262 for Diver and Instructor Qualification Cards.
4. Do I need to pay postage?
All cards sent to a UK address include postage. However, for cards sent to a non UK address you will have to pay £5.00 for registered post to ensure the card reaches you.
5. What type of photo can I use?
Photographs must be of passport standard only, this being a clear image of the head and shoulders on a plain light background.
6. Can I have a card with all my grades on?
Unfortunately it is one card per grade.
7. What proof of qualification do I need to send in with my application?
For diver grade cards you need to send the relevant coloured page from your qualification record book which the instructor has stamped and signed (DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL – photocopy only please).
8. Can I pay by cheque?
Yes, this is fine, please make cheques payable to BSAC.
9. Can I use any application form to apply for more than one card?
You must use a new correct application form for EACH grade of card you are looking to apply for please.
10. Do you already have my photograph on file?
Yes, if you have sent one electronically via email within the last six months, if not you must include a photo to avoid any delay.
11. Can I post my application form and email the photo?
Yes you can, but this can delay the processing.
12. Do I have to be a member to apply for a card?
Yes, this includes all pre-paid applications, lapsed members can rejoin to obtain any diver grade card.
* You must be a current member to apply for a CMAS card